Saturday, June 9, 2012

20 years


I've been on this earth for 20 years today.  That's so weird for me to think about.  When another decade passes, it seems so much bigger than just another year.  If I can go from being a helpless baby girl who doesn't know how to do anything except cry for what she wants to being a young woman with opinions, passions, and ideas of her own in 20 years, I'll bet I can do a whole hell of a lot with my next 20 years.  I hope I never lose sight of how much potential lies in each day I'm alive and well.  Below is a compilation of 20 random facts you may or may not know about me, because, hey, why not?

1.  I came into this world at 9 lbs. 6 oz.  I was a big baby.

2.  I will almost always choose fruity gum over minty gum.

3.  I prefer to work out in the afternoon or evening.

4.  I am an introvert.  (And if I act like an extrovert around you, it's probably because I trust you.  Or I'm drunk.)

5.  Incorrect grammar annoys the hell out of me -- I'm one of those people who cringes every time they see someone use "your" in place of "you're."

6.  I don't text very much.

7.  I sometimes walk around my apartment naked.  And by "sometimes," I mean "right after my shower."

8.  I do not have a roommate.  (I felt this fact was necessary due to #7.)

9.  I prefer red wine over white wine.

10.  I was in the Honors College at Michigan State University.

11.  My eldest brother calls me "sis," my second-eldest brother calls me "KK," my third-eldest brother calls me "Kaitlin"......and pretty much everyone else calls me "Kate."

12.  I have one tattoo and five piercings (ears included).

13.  I have never eaten a pickle.

14.  Washing the dishes soothes me.

15.  If you ever see me out driving, you will probably also see me singing along to the radio.

16.  I think the BBC version of Pride & Prejudice is far superior to the 2005 version.

17.  I am allergic to basically anything with fur and anything that has to do with trees or plants.

18.  I wanted to be the tooth fairy when I grew up.

19.  I still want to be the tooth fairy when I grow up.

20.  I have the best mom ever.  She brought me into this world 20 years ago today, and she's had my back ever since.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Past Posts

Followers